Forklift/Power Lift Operation and Safety
For Faculty, Non-Hospital Staff
Forklift/power lift operation and safety training discusses OSHA's Powered Industrial Trucks standard (29 CFR 1910.178), different types of forklifts and power lifts including propane, gas and electric powered, as well as electric powered pallet lifts. At the end of this training, you will be able to perform an operation safety inspection, recognize any deficiencies which could create an unsafe condition in the operation of a forklift or power lift, identify hazards in your workplace, and operate and perform the duties of a forklift operator in a safe manner.
This 2-hour class is mandatory for all employees who operate a powered lift truck. A practical exam should be scheduled upon completion of the online training by contacting Environmental Health and Safety at 773.702.9999 or email@example.com. This course is only available to University of Chicago employees.
NOTE: Refresher training is required for this training class every three years. To meet your Forklift/Power Lift Operation and Safety training requirement, please refer to the University’s Chalk site using the instructions below.
- Mozilla Firefox is the recommended browser;
- Login using your CNetID and password;
- Click on “Community” located in the upper right hand portion of the screen;
- Under the “Safety Training Classes” section on the right side of the
screen, click on “Forklift/Power Lift Operation and Safety";
- Remember to turn up the volume on your computer speakers to hear the
- The introduction module will begin automatically.
NOTE: Please print the training booklet for your reference.
There are no sections for this course.