Fire Safety and Evacuation
For Faculty, Non-Hospital Staff
Fire safety and evacuation training discusses the fire response plan RACER, ways to report the presence of a fire, methods of evacuation, procedures for employees with disabilities, types of extinguishers, classes of fires and the steps of the PASS procedure for the operation of fire extinguishers.
This 1/2-hour training class is mandatory for all faculty, staff, employees, and students who work in a laboratory.
NOTE: Annual refresher training is required for this training class which is now only available on-line. To meet your annual Fire Safety and Evacuation training requirements, please refer to the University’s Chalk site using the instructions below.
- Mozilla Firefox is the recommended browser;
- Login using your CNetID and password;
- Click on “Community” located in the upper right hand portion of the screen;
- Under the “Safety Training Classes” section on the right side of the
screen, click on “Fire Safety and Evacuation”;
- Remember to turn up the volume on your computer speakers to hear the
- The introduction module will begin automatically.
NOTE: Please print the training booklet for your reference.
There are no sections for this course.