For Faculty, Non-Hospital Staff
Hearing conservation training discusses OSHA's Occupational Noise Exposure Standard (29 CFR 1910.95), effects of noise on hearing, use and maintenance of hearing protection devices and audiometric evaluations.
This 1-hour training class is mandatory for all employees whose job classifications may involve duties in areas which result in noise exposures equal to or in excess of an 8-hour time-weighted average (TWA) of 85 decibels and therefore are included in the Hearing Conservation Program. To date, this includes Facilities Services' engineers, trades, service crew and steam plant employees.
NOTE: Annual refresher training is required for this training class which is now available on-line. To meet your annual Hearing Conservation training requirements through the on-line version, please refer to the University’s Chalk site using the instructions below.
- Mozilla Firefox is the recommended browser;
- Login using your CNetID and password;
- Click on “Community” located in the upper right hand portion of the screen;
- Under the “Safety Training Classes” section on the right side of the
screen, click on “Hearing Conservation”;
- Remember to turn up the volume on your computer speakers to hear the
- The introduction module will begin automatically.
NOTE: Please print the training booklet for reference during the lecture class.
A cancellation fee of $50.00 will be assessed if you do not cancel your registration at least 10 business days in advance.
There are no sections for this course.