Safety Orientation for Project Managers, Facility Managers and Supervisors
For Faculty, Non-Hospital Staff
Safety Orientation for Project Managers, Facility Managers and Supervisors training discusses department overview, outside regulatory agencies, asbestos, lead, fume hoods, biological safety cabinets, hazardous materials storage, material safety data sheets, vacating laboratories, emergency eyewashes and showers, fire detection systems, fixed fire protection systems, fire extinguishers, emergency and exit lighting, penetrations, hot work, scaffolding, crane lifts, lockout/tagout, fall protection, plan review, incident reporting, contractor responsibility, ergonomics and confined spaces.
NOTE: This 2-hour, one time only online training class is mandatory for all employees holding project manager, facility manager or supervisor positions and involved in renovation and/or construction projects or those interested in gaining an overview of safety.
To meet this training requirement, please refer to the University’s Chalk site using the instructions below.
- Mozilla Firefox is the recommended browser;
- Login using your CNetID and password;
- Click on “Community” located in the upper right hand portion of the screen;
- Under the “Safety Training Classes” section on the right side of the
screen, click on “Safety Orientation for Project Managers, Facility Managers and Supervisors”;
- Remember to turn up the volume on your computer speakers to hear the
- The introduction module will begin automatically.
NOTE: Please print the training booklet for your reference.
There are no sections for this course.