Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC)
Spill prevention, control and countermeasures (SPCC) training discusses EPA's SPCC regulation (40 CFR Part 112), information pertaining to the prevention of oil discharge, discharge procedures and the contents of the University of Chicago's SPCC plan.
This 1/2-hour, online only training class is mandatory for all "oil-handling" personnel engaged in operation and maintenance of oil-related equipment such as hydraulic elevators and emergency generator fuel tanks (e.g., building engineers, steam plant).
Note: Annual refresher training is required for this training class. To meet your annual training requirement, please refer to the University’s Chalk site using the instructions below.
- Mozilla Firefox is the recommended browser;
- Login using your CNetID and password;
- Click on “Community” located in the upper right hand portion of the screen;
- Under the “Safety Training Classes” section on the right side of the
screen, click on “Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC)”;
- Remember to turn up the volume on your computer speakers to hear the
- The introduction module will begin automatically.
Note: Please print the training booklet for your reference.
There are no sections for this course.